Livestock Supervisor INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
Near Moonie, South East Qld
An opportunity now exists for a highly experienced, senior livestock existing ACC/ACBH employee to take the next step in their career as Livestock Supervisor at our recently acquired mixed farming aggregation, “Tungamah”.
Conveniently located near Moonie, South East Qld you’ll report to and collaborate with the Property Manager, operating in a hands-on role, working autonomously to coordinate all livestock and property management, administration and reporting.
With support from the property manager and senior extensive production team, you’ll plan and execute the day to day cattle activity that’s required to meet the broader business objectives. You’ll thrive with the responsibility for delivering on your objectives whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of safety, animal health, welfare & quality. In addition, this role involves:
- Working effectively without supervision
- Overseeing all aspects of cattle handling, health management, movements & processing
- Accurate data & information capture, recording & reporting
- Utilisation of livestock data systems and technology
- Inventory control & stocktaking of all livestock related products
- Support Property Manager as required.
With at least 3 years experience in a senior livestock role, with great communication skills, the successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Strong horsemanship
- Leadership and effective supervision
- Extensive knowledge and skill in cattle handling and livestock management, health and welfare
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision
- Solid judgement, initiative and the ability drive solutions and continuously improve
- Experience using livestock data applications & technology
- Understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements and their practical application
- Knowledge & understanding of quality assurance and control systems
- Attention to detail & accuracy in reporting and collecting data
Comfortable, family accommodation on site is provided.
To apply, discuss with your manager in the first instance then complete the online application and upload your resume.
Applications Close midnight Thursday 20th February 2020.